designerrugby

Pls Adivce-Paid a lot Is carrara marble polished is Mughla white stan

designerrugby
2 years ago

Hi,
I don't know much about marble .
We bought carrara marble polished stone online . And they delivered mughla white standard stone . Are they both same ?
Any advice really helpful.
Thank you

Comments (13)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

It could be a different name being used by a different supplier. I know kitchen door names are changed.

Do you have a photo as I’m familiar with Carerra Marble.

• Sonia
    2 years ago

Carrera Marble is world famous. I’ve never heard of the other.

• Jonathan
    2 years ago

I think you have bought a grey veined marble that looks like Cararra marble but was mined in Turkey not Italy.

Cararra marble comes from the province Cararra and Massa in the same way that Champagne has to be from the French Champagne region to be called Champagne and if it is from elsewhere it’s sparkling wine.

• designerrugby
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks everyone for the replies . I have attached two pictures. One picture which I bought it from the website and the other one which I received. The stones still in the box . I took the picture from the empty gap. Is it looks like carrara marble ? Thank you

• Daisy England
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

If you like the colour/finish on the worktop and it’s not damaged then go with it. It’s one of the most popular colours at the moment. I have it in my kitchen, downstairs cloak room and main bathroom. I didn’t realise I had so much of it. 😲

• designerrugby
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Diasy England thanks for the reply. If it is a good quality marble I don't mind at all . The only worry for me is, I heard about carrara marble but never heard about the other one . As long it is good marble I don't mind at all. I am really confused why it is completely different name on the box . I will open the box and see how it looks .

• Jonathan
    2 years ago

https://www.naturalstone-outlet.com/blog/stone-analysis/turkey-white-marble-mugla-white/

I thought this was interesting reading. Apparently you can have Marble from Mugla but a Cararra variant meaning the veining is a close match to Italian marble. Apparently the patterning of the marble makes the difference to the price not the country of origin

• Sarah U-S
    2 years ago

Gosh - your marble looks near identical to mine - I bought mine from Floors of Stone (sister company of Devol kitchens) - they market this as Bianco marble and definitely not Carrara. https://www.floorsofstone.com/our-tile-range/marble-tiles/bianco-white-polished-marble-tiles. This marble is cheaper than Carrera - so I would be disappointed if I thought I was getting Carrera and didn’t! However, I chose it because I loved the subtlety of its markings, and I actually preferred it to the Carrara. One thing to note - although I absolutely love the tiles, the tiler most definitely did not! They were really brittle and a nightmare for him to cut - it was like they were made of grains of marble that had been glued together. They were most odd!

• designerrugby
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you very much everyone for the replies. I
    am really sad to know that they are not carrera marble. As far their terms and conditions returning is so difficult. We have to pay the postage which is more than £100 .
    And they said the delivery man will stay for 10 min to check everything, but the delivery man delivered the stones without knowing us. And I tried to call immediately after checking the stone name but he didn't pick the phone .
    Is there any possibility we can complaint someone or is it better to keep them. I emailed them but no reply from them .
    I checked their website reviews and looks like non of them got refund.

• designerrugby
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you everyone for the replies. They said , the supplier giving some other name to the carrara marble , like @Daisy England said. They confirmed it is 100% carrara marble .

• Ruth House
    2 years ago

Just as an extra note. This is why it is wise to use a credit card when shopping online. Any problems with the product and you can tell the supplier if they don't rectify it then you will dispute the payment with your credit card company i.e. you won't pay, the bank will demand refund on your behalf as non fulfillment of contract, they didn't supply what they said they would.

We have had success with this in the past.

designerrugby thanked Ruth House
  • designerrugby
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Ruth House Thank you . I really don't know about this. In future I will keep this one in mind. Really appreciate .

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.