natasha_white48

Bought a flat - Now planning the works! Advice welcomed!

Natasha White
2 years ago

We are trying to plan what work we want to do once we’re in and cost dependent I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas on how best to use the space!!

(Ive added some pictures of the floor plan - and some bad edits to show some ideas! As well as a pic of the bathroom!)

Short term our plan is:

• Swap kitchen and bedroom (I don’t like guests having to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom) and this opens up the opportunity to do a side return in the future! We would also convert the window into a door so both rooms have access to the garden! (And make sure that the counters run down the side of the room so if you did do the side return it wouldn’t impact the work already done)

Longer term my thoughts are:

• what to do with the bathroom? The boiler is in the cupboard shown - I’d like to move this but not sure what to do with the space? I was thinking of moving the bathroom door and having it as additional “kitchen space” with a window or door into the garden at the end? OR move the sink to this wall and have “his and hers sinks”, move the toilet to next to the bath and then install a shower. (I think I might be over complicating things!
  • Do the side return! (Not sure if this is worthwhile yet as the garden is small!)

Essentially we are very keen to make the most of the space so any advice or recommendations about the floor plan are welcomed! (We’re also planing on finishing the basement but that’s another story!)

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.