scarlett_swallow23

Can I move floorboards from one room to another?

Scarlett Swallow
2 years ago

Hi,

We’re renovating and extending our Victorian semi.

We have a combination of original and new floorboards in the second reception room/ middle room. All are good condition. This room is to be split - half to become part of a large kitchen/diner, the other to become a utility and shower room.

We are going to need to lift the floorboards in order to underpin a section of the house, insulate and to install underfloor heating. Engineered wood flooring will be installed on top.

In our hallway instead of floorboards there is chipboard. Presumably previous owners replaced the floorboards when they were rotten and in poor condition. We are not going to install UFH.

My question is - when I lift the floorboards in the middle room, could I replace them with chipboard and use the floorboards in the hallway - to have as exposed floorboard? Is there any reason why this is a terrible idea?

thanks

Scarlett

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.