hannah_barham92

Large drop from front/back door to ground

Hannah Barham
last modified: last month

Hi All

The floor of our house is about 40cm higher than the outside ground level. At the moment there is one concrete step down from each of the doors. However, we are looking to get patio doors but will have the same issue and ideally don't want a big drop to the ground. Presumably if we were to get a patio, it would be expensive to bring the patio up to a closer level to the inside floor? I was also thinking of decking as I'm guessing it would be easier for this to be raised - but also don't have a lot of space for the patio and concerned the steps down to the lawn will take up a lot of room (although don't have much choice I guess!)

Also, I have flower beds up against the patio now with mature plants in. What happens if the patio raises up by ~30cm? Will I need to change these into raised beds and dig out these mature plants?

Drawing of the current layout of the patio and start of garden: Any advice on the best way to approach the patio??