daniel_mcnulty

Stuck on what to do with half of our open plan!

Daniel McNulty
last modified: last month

We have a pretty big open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room. We've had the new kitchen fitted and we're really happy with it, BUT we just can't decide what to do with the other half of the room. The half I'm talking about is the wall with the chimney breast on.

I'll try and keep this brief so a few things to note:

- The kitchen is a strong color, so we want to avoid going too heavy in the lounge area (I think!). Although I did consider dark gray slate split face tiles for the chimney breast
- The coffee table's not to stay, different colored wood altogether, just waiting to decorate before we get rid
- We are open to knocking the chimney breast out (it's only stud wall) if it helps
- Our plan was to open it up in space, but we don't want it too 'cold' which is the look it has at the moment given the bare walls, I was considering paneling but I don't think it'd offer enough
- My phone's zoomed out, so it's a lot bigger than what it looks in these pics, that whole wall is around 24 feet
- I don't like the fireplace, it's a bit dated

Any ideas at all are really appreciated