webuser_4674202768

End terrace - neighbour's garage built close to gable wall

Tom H
2 years ago

Hi - we're going through the process of buying a house and we've been put off by how close a garage has been built to the gable wall (see attached). Our solicitor has advised:

"there is not much that can be done from a legal perspective in relation to the neighbouring garage. As prospective purchasers, you are aware of the situation with the garage as it currently stands and by proceeding to exchange and completion you will be accepting this"

We just don't know how much of a risk it is buying this house and how worried we should be with regards to potentially having to carry out work to the gable wall in the future. Is there any way to complete maintenance to that wall without having to ask the neighbour to knock down his garage? Any advice would be appreciated - we're now at a point where we need to make a decision on if we should pull out or not.

Thanks very much

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.