jing_0001

looking for feedback and critics - open plan kitchen 35 sqrm

J L
2 years ago

Hi all, I am new here. Looking forward to hearing from you on my open plan kitchen interior.

We are in the middle of our home 2 story extension project - at the moment fabrics are built waiting for windows and doors! Bi-fold doors at the extension facing garden - East, pitched windows are towards south, with neighbour building to the side.

total open plan space create with extension and existing kitchen is 5.1x7.5 meters (depth x width)

Lobby/Dinning leads to the open-plan space.

I am playing with kitchen planner and draw some ideas.

(coming in from lobby/dinning)

view from hob (north)

view from open plan lounge (south), island left edge to the wall: 1.3 meters, island right edge to the wall/bi-fold doors 0.7 meters.

1. dish washer is under counter in kitchen island

2. opposite sink there will be worktop over-hang and bar stools (not shown)

3. 1.2 meters tall shelves units in the pantry (not shown)

4. The partition wall (actually load bearing and exterior wall) can't be removed (too late to change)

I am looking for your kind feedback and idea that:

1) Is this design arrangement makes sense? What can be better?

2) What can we do to utilise/decorate the new partition wall in the middle so to bring in the 'continuous flow' as coming in from the dinning room. Wife dislikes it so much as it makes the island space looked crammed.

3) I am thinking use handmade real wood in-frame cabinetry kitchen - any pros and cons?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.