hopingforsunshine

Help please! Living room wall colour and alcove unit colour

I'm so indecisive I don't know what's best.

Soon to be decorating our relatively small east-facing living room. Aside from replacing the fire surround, we haven't done anything to it since moving in and I think it needs freshening up.

I like the "scandi" style and I love blue or teal shades (not too light or dark), has anyone painted their living room in colours like this and do you have any pics? or specific paint colours to recommend?

I think because the trim/moulding on the alcove units has so much detail it looks quite fussy and a bit old fashioned, so I was thinking instead of going the usual white paint for woodwork, maybe painting the whole units in the same colour as the walls might make it look a bit more modern, or am I crazy?... what do you guys think? All suggestions appreciated!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.