charlotte_mcnaghten24

Need help with picking new window colour

charlotte mcnaghten
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone :)

So we have just bought a new house and are looking to change the windows as all currently tilt and turns and definitely in need of an upgrade. I am really struggling to make a decision on the colours though and was hoping for some help.

Its a 1960s semi detached house and nearly all the houses on my street have white windows but my next door neighbour has a dark anthracite colour. See photos below.

We are going with UPVC but with a slimmer profile as aluminium is too expensive and think it would look wrong on this type of house anyway. I would have originally just replaced them and kept them white, so they were in keeping with the rest of the street but where it gets trickier is we are doing an extension on the back of the house and ideally wanted this to match and I'm really not wanting white doors or windows for this.

I have been leaning to the light grey colours as it is a lot subtler than all these dark greys, not as harsh as white and would look nice against the cream/red brick. Also would be happy to have the new extension windows/doors in this colour ( going to be full redbrick). So light grey RAL 7035 or Agate grey RAL 7038.

We are also going to change the dark brown cladding on the front of the house to a nice light oak and possibly go for a pop of colour on the front door to compliment this as its just red at the moment. Thought even a bolder colour might be a nice nod to the 60s ?

Any advice on this would be great though, as finding it hard to know if i'm making the right decision with this as I want to keep the house in keeping with its original style and the street.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.