mccorley_dennis

Open plan kitchen diner, is this possible?

McCorley Dennis
2 years ago

Hi everyone!
I haven't posted on here before but I am looking for some advice or ideas if anyone has a free moment to help?
We are due to move into our new home in a few months and are struggling to decide on how to make the home work for us. The 'Garden room' is simply a conservatory.
Idea 1)
Remove the wall separating the kitchen and dining room (This will require an RSJ as it is a supporting wall). The idea is to create an open kitchen diner, in a peninsula kitchen style coming half way back down where the wall currently is. My concern here is, as you can see on the measurements on the second photo, that there isn't the room to do this.
2) Decorate the house, and save over several years to build an extension to the rear of the property and where the garden Room currently is. However this will take time, I'm not sure cost wise, not even sure of a ball park figure.
What do you think?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.