sarah_champion4

What height ‘hole in the wall’ gas fireplace?

Sarah Champion

I had set my heart on a gas woodburner and had the survey today. Unfortunately, my outside chimney breast and potential aperture is not quite deep enough for the stove to sit comfortably as there would only be a 7.5cm gap either side, so aesthetically and practically for the controls it would not work.

As i love the Scandi look, the fitter suggested a hole in the wall glass fronted gas fire. i hadnt even considered one but really have come around to the idea. He recommended 300/350mm height from the floor - I’ve taped on my existing fireplace to show the size and position - but looking online, many showrooms recommend placing at least 900mm, which is surely too high?

Also, do the dimensions look roughly right for the space or too small/big? I’m not terribly good at visualizing and could do with one of these fancy computer programs that does it for me!

Many thanks.

Comment (1)