danshell

Bungalow layout / extension

danshell

Hi, I would really appreciate help with the layout and extension to our 3 bed bungalow please. We’re not happy with the plans drawn up by an architect who simply drew up some ideas we asked for advice on. They basically made no suggestions or ideas for us to consider (at considerable cost too).
Our builder was supposed to start work tomorrow but we’ve asked to postpone as we don’t believe the current plans make the best use of the space and we’re worried about spending a lot of money on something we’re not completely happy with.
Our main goal is to have a decent sized open plan living, dining and kitchen area to entertain and to have space when the family visits. As an aside, we would also like a granny annex either converting the garage or as an additional building / space in the garden.
I’ve seen some fab suggestions on other posts and would really appreciate an advice or ideas please. I’ve attached the existing and proposed layouts for info.
Thanks so much in advance