muralidharan_venkataramani32

porch extension - inner door design dilemma

M Venkataramani

Hi I have an existing front porch which is pretty small and hence planning to extend by 1 to 1.5m. The porch is slightly at a lower level so the new porch will be raised to the same as my house. The confusion I have is on how to sort the division caused by my inner door leading to the porch (this used to be my main door many years back). The inner door is sat on a wooden frame.

I do want to have the existing floor in the house flow nicely into the new porch however I am not sure how big a job it will be to remove the existing inner frame and door & what sort of a door should I replace it with as I still need a inner door to separate my house and porch.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment (1)