webuser_636389795

Putting internal bi-folds to separate open plan kitchen/diner/lounge ?

Lawrence Meakins
2 years ago

Hi,

We have finalised plans and build started, thanks for all advice on various questions, had a bit of a dilemma, we have gone for an open plan kitchen/diner/lounge across the back and my partner really wants to be able to close the kitchen off, plan is below where have attempted to put bi-fold in red with picture of bi-folds found below which hang on a top track so no track in floor:

https://www.vibrantdoors.co.uk/door/white-frosted-4l-roomfold-grande-5-0-x-686mm-doors

They will close against wall by pantry/hall with a slave door by the back of house by glazing.

What are peoples thoughts on having a way of separating the kitchen off if partner wants to avoid TV on the big screen at end (the other lounge on plan is going to be used as office with a small TV so would predominantly be watching TV in the open plan area) ?

I am bit concerned that the doors will mainly be open so have 5 doors where walk through hall to kitchen, four panels will fold flat (35mm each) but the last one with door handle won't be complete flush, will also be able to see hinges.

Reckon would be just enough space to get in and out of the island seating with doors closed behind and also use dining table although if table in action then doors will be open.

Be interesting to hear peoples thoughts as quite expensive and pain to fit (is steel beam above).

Many thanks,

Lawrence

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.