bhall001

Public Sewer at the rear garden

bhall001

Hi Everyone,

I am going to purchase a property and my solicitor passed me the searches. One of them showed there is a manhole for the public sewer at the back garden. I made an offer for this property as I was thinking there is a lot of potentials to build an extension right at the back of the property. After reading this search, I was a bit disappointed because it doesn't go well with my original thinking. Can someone point me in the right direction:

1. What are the procedures to apply for permission to build an extension?

2. What is the limitation for building an extension over a public sewer?

3. Thames water is the authority. Which department should I ask for permission from?

4. Should I get permission from the water authority first then discuss with the construction builder?

I need some advice please.

Thanks,

Hall