webuser_636389795

Velux or not in new master bedroom ?

Lawrence Meakins
2 years ago

Hi,

Been amazing forum so far and builder mentioned something this morning that thrown me into a bit of a dilemma, he asked why not putting velux in the vaulted ceiling of new master bedroom,

Here is the elevation have marked in red sides where could put velux windows into lofted ceiling:

Here is plan for room :

The ceiling is hipped and vaulted back to the ensuite, so depending on angle of hip roof could potentially have a velux centered on the bed above the bed and on opposite ceiling slope. Builder had said can get remote controlled opening with remote control blackout blinds, when mentioned to a friend he said already have a big sliding door area 2100 wide so already have enough light in a small room and he wouldn't do it. Guess will look out of window more from bed and not sure if the velux would add much and also creates a failure point for future although do seem very popular/reliable.

What do people think, any thoughts greatly appreciated,

Lawrence

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.