webuser_14492018

Anyone have experience in UK/Northern Ireland on building upwards??

Marie
2 years ago

Just completed a total renovation of our detached split level property but the original plan/architect was less than great and amongst other things did not take account of the access to the main sewerline which now we have a last minute tank and pump situation on our property. I'm not happy with this as a sustainable feature and also the humidity problem of storing clothes in bedrooms/ and washrooms below ground level so I wanted to explore the possibility of adding a story. This way a gravity fed system will be accessible at street level plus the bonus of a huge space for bedrooms, walk in wardrobes etc.
We could use the lower floor for games room rather than current 3 bedrooms 1.5 bathrooms and double garage. The ground floor as is kitchen living etc and the additional floor as bedrooms.
Sorry about the long winded monologue, but I guess I would love to know if anyone has successfully added a story, was it practical, is it an extortionate amount to fund, and any useful information.
Much appreciated.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.