suzyr

garage conversion fascia?

suzyr
2 years ago

We’ve had our single storey garage converted into a habitable space. It has a flat roof - which you can’t see from the photo as the previous owners had a tiled pitched effect front built to match the neighbours’ garage. Our builders have attached a piece of shiny black upvc under the gutter where the new wall joins the roof, presumably to weatherproof it. I think it looks really cheap and nasty and the fixings are clear to see, but my builder can’t see any issue. My problem is I don’t know what this type of board is called/its function/thickness required etc,so I can search for an alternative. Is it a soffit? Fascia? barge board? I really would like to find an alternative to this shiny black upvc. Any roofers our there who can offer advice please.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.