rach0404

Vermiculite loft insulation - asbestos

rach0404
last modified: 3 months ago

Hello,

I have recently moved into an old late 1800's house. I have been in the loft and have discovered some loose fill loft insulation.

On researching this, I have found this is likely to be Vermiculite (or cork?) I am quite concerned about this after finding articles relating to the Zonolite branded Vermiculite which was contaminated with asbestos. I have sent this off for testing, but am anxiously awaiting the results.

What I am interested in finding out is:

1. Has anyone on this site had Vermiculite found in the loft tested in the UK - what were the results?

2. Is it common knowledge that some Vermiculite (pre 1990's) is contaminated with asbestos?

Thanks!

Comment (1)