Colour scheme ideas for IKEA IDASEN

Francesca Haselden

I am designing my office and am planning to buy all furniture from the IKEA IDASEN range in the beige/brown colourway. This would be the desk, glass cabinet, and filing cabinet.

I'm struggling to come up with a colour scheme for the room. The floor is dark walnut. The house is a 1960s chalet-style home and I'm keen to lean into the mid-century modern style, or maybe go for something a little bit more fun like a feature wall in a true vintage print.

I'd prefer something colourful, not just another magnolia room.

I'm keen to avoid navy as my partner's office is just across the hall and will be painted dark dark navy (as its also a movie room) so I would prefer something that feels more bright, energetic and appropriate for day time.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/cat/idasen-system-47424/