ben_cooper105

Help with garden update / refresh

Ben Cooper
2 years ago

We are currently going through the final planing of a ground floor renovation and taking the opportunity to also consider some much needed updates to the garden. Part of the plans from the architect has been to extend out our patio from the new 4m wide sliding doors, so that we have a seamless exit from the property - this will mean raising the outside patio area to have a continuation of the porcelain tiles from inside out (darker grey area in picture). The lighter grey is lower level suggested patio areas.

We have come up with the attached as a way to split up the garden into sections, including a new seating area at the bottom with for some shade - the garden is south facing and can get very hot, with this area being the last part to get sun in the summer (this is currently where the shed sits).

The idea would be to move the shed (yellow box) to the bottom right and put a cedar screen up in front of it to hide it away.

The two trees are existing with a magnolia nearest the house.

Any thoughts or criticism welcome.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.