susie_leekilgariff

New sunlit kitchen extension

We knocked down our 20 year old exhausted kitchen and conservatory and claimed some of our courtyard to create a new sunlit kitchen extension. With two daughters approaching their teens, we wanted space for them to hang out with their friends, plus more sociable space for cooking whilst chatting. Bifold doors were essential to make the most of the view down the garden, and our builder suggested wrapping the glass round the corner post to let more of the greenery in from outside. Our colour scheme was born when we fell in love with the Laguna Tallulah sofa from Sofology, plus the Ilaria lamp from Made.com. We asked DGA Architects to translate the ideas on our mood board into full designs, and were so pleased to receive proposals that we'd never have got to on our own. Without even a visit because of lockdown, Izzy created oodles of storage with a new pantry, brought in more light with taller windows and put together the most gorgeous colour scheme and furnishings. We worked through several sets of tiles before settling on the Scintilla Sapphire tiles from Walls and Floors. The kitchen is entirely bespoke and was crafted by our friends at Interiors 4 Individuals. The stunning central island is made from silver white Hanex, which we tested with red wine and turmeric. It wiped clean with a damp cloth. The kitchen is already transforming how we live our lives and brings us huge joy.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.