fiona_morrison25

Should I keep fireplace or remove during open plan renovations?

Fi Mo

We are in the middle of kitchen/open plan area renovations and although I know this comes down to personal taste was looking for opinions on what to do with fireplace. We have removed the previous owner's old pine kitchen and have taken out the fireplace as it did not go with our new kitchen. The fireplace is in the room which was originally the living room when the house was built but is now a dining area approx 3.4 x 4.4 metres square. My partner likes the idea of a woodburner but I have been put off by what I have read about the health and environmental impact of them. He doesn't see the point of an electric stove as it's the smell/noise he likes. We both think it would be better if the fireplace was in the living room instead of dining area so are considering taking it away.
Would you leave it and is there an option I haven't thought of to put in the space (prob not bioethanol, candles etc) or would you take it out to keep the area
more modern and just put in a sideboard instead? Thanks