webuser_738790474

Silestone quartz uv stability

HU-738790474
2 years ago

I am looking at buying silestone calacatta gold worktops above gloss white units. we have a south facing kitchen window above the sink and units does anyone know if the white Silestone will fade or discolour or is it just the coloured ones as i believe it is not uv stable

Comments (6)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

I’m led to believe that Silestone is one of the most expensive quartz. I cannot see that it would fade.

• HU-738790474
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• HU-738790474
    Original Author
    2 years ago

This is why i would like to know of peoples experiences

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

Well I can’t speak directly relating to Silestone as we don’t fit it but we do fit solid surface and never had complaints about colour fading on that.

I would look online for a supplier of it and seek out reviews.

I guess everyone might have a different opinion. If the fading is very gradual some may not even notice.

• adaion578
    2 years ago

Currently we are renovating (more like demolishing and rebuilding 2/3 of our 1930’s bungalow) and this is my dilemma. Quartz or Granite for the kitchen worktops and having read up a lot on both re fading / staining / cleaning it would doesn’t matter what quartz you fit (we have looked at Silestone and Cambria) a darker one will ‘fade’ over time if in direct sunlight but that could be 20 years!

Both have pros and cons which adds to the dilemma. Have a look at the link below.

https://www.hcsupplies.co.uk/help-and-ideas/quartz-vs-granite-worktops-everything-you-need-to-know/

• HU-738790474
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yes ive seen all those just wanted some real persons view. we had granite blue pearl in our old kitchen and it was bomb proof had it for over 20 years and was as good as new. it was abused quite badly too. stood on to reach in cupboards sat on occasionally cut on, always put pans on straight out of the oven never chipped even though dozens of things were dropped on it. it was also under a south facing window. i think granite depends where it comes from and who fits it ours was from the lake district and fit by the company, dont know who. Thereason i didnt especially want it again was i wanted white and something completely different.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.