misteradam

Floorplan/layout help on 70's detatched house ground floor overall

misteradam
2 years ago

Hi all, first post on here and looking for some help sorry.

Its for the floorplan/layout of a 70's detached house. Currently sporting woodchip wallpapered ceilings, at least a 25 year old kitchen, stairs that are falling apart, we're pretty much going to strip everything out and start a fresh.

Looking for help/inspiration as to the best layout though, I've attached original floor plan and one we've come up with below, with the hope of fitting a 4 person dining table (extending to 6) and ideally some form of small couch/cosy area near the patio doors where the sun comes round towards the afternoon, but need help ideas on how this could be laid out to fit in?

Wanting the dividing between the living and dining area to be some form of doors that can fold all the way back to have some open aspect to the house in the summer, but closable to keep the living space warm and quiet when needing that separation.

Key points:

• Not looking to extend, wanting to retain garden space
  • Rear of the house faces west (Dining/Kitchen) so gets full sun from 12pm onwards
  • Distance between worktops is 1.5m (switching living room and kitchen would make for small living area once furniture in
  • All internal walls are stud walls, easy to move/remove
  • Can't make patio doors any wider due to soil pipe in the small black area on the internal to the right of the doors
  • Doors under the stairs are to lead to a small utility in the garage, to make for a better looking kitchen
  • Don't want to convert garage into anything
  • My Microsoft paint editing skills need work

I'm aware this is quite and ask, so any help, advice, guidance would be greatly appreciated

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.