hedgehog99

What wall tiles would make my utility room ceiling feel higher?

hedgehog99
2 years ago

I'm choosing tiles for my utility room which has a low (just over 2m) ceiling because it's in a sort of basement/lower ground area of the house. The room doesn't have a window - it will only have borrowed natural light from adjoining rooms (it will be open through to the bootroom which will have a skylight and half glazed door, and there will be a glazed pocket door through to an adjoining corridor). We'll have downlighters in the ceiling.

I'm keen to tile the whole wall above the worktop right up to the ceiling (i.e. the wall behind the sink and appliances on the attached plan) because we'll be washing a dog in the sink so want the whole wall to be wipeable! Does anyone have guidance about what format/size/colour of tiles would work well? E.g. would smaller (perhaps rectangles laid in a vertical pattern) or larger tiles help to visually heighten the ceiling?

The worktop will be white (silestone or dekton) with a small upstand.

Appreciate any thoughts!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.