webuser_876811631

Floor plan conundrum - please help to solve!

Hello! Please can you help us figure out a floor plan - we’ve been looking at it for so long we need fresh eyes! We’re buying a house which should be plenty big enough for what we’d like but we’re struggling to fit it all in. I’ve attached a photo of the current floor plan. We’re going to get rid of the breakfast room (no foundation), keep the hall and lounge as they are, and we have to keep the dining room/kitchen fireplace. Otherwise we’d like to open it up as much as possible and keep the work internal only i.e. no new extensions. Thinking a window seat back left wall which would also serve as the end seat of a 6 person table; and doors back right wall out to the garden. But struggling to fit in a kitchen with enough storage; a kitchen island or some way of facing the table when cooking; a toilet (under the stairs isn’t big enough); and a small utility space ideally with a door to the side return. The rest of the space we will use flexibly for playroom / snug etc and change the function over time as kids grow older. We just can’t seem to fit it all in without compromising what feels like too much and I’m sure there must be a way - any suggestions would be hugely welcome please, thank you!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.