jaydigs

Which wall would you mount the TV on?

Jason Digs
last modified: last month

Dear Houzz Community,

I am in the midst of renovating inside and recently removed the Chimney breast from the small living room. I was wondering if you could offer your advice on what wall the new flat TV (65") would best go on. Here are some images taking you through a clockwise direction:

This is just an image as I stand at the entry door to go into the living room:

This is the wall for the window. Of course the TV will never go here but I just wanted to show where the light would be coming from.

This is the wall that next to the window wall. If I mount it here, I think a two 3 seater sofas would need to go opposite of one another. One along the radiator under the window wall and one along the wall that has just been plastered. Only caveat here is one would need to tilt left and right to watch the TV.

This is the wall where the Chimney breast used to be and is now plastered. This looks like an ideal placement but the window is directly opposite. Will light reflect on the TV screen? If the TV was mounted here then I would go for two three/two seater sofas. One running along the window wall and one running along the wall next to the window.

This is the final wall directly behind the entry living room door. Feels like a small space and dont feel it offers the space.

FYI, I am not sure if this will make a difference but I am thinking of changing the direction of the entry door so it doesn't open towards the right (where the clock is mounted) and instead hinging it to open towards the left (direction of the window wall).