webuser_768402840

Jobs to do match to tradesmen and their chronological order

HU-768402840
2 years ago

Dear Friends,

Hope all is well. I found this site a treasure trove of information, so have put up one more thread.

As you may know, I bought an average 3 bed house in Birmingham that would need a significant amount of refurbishment.

I have tried emailing and phoning around, but there are limited number of builders, who would take on the whole project. Even the couple who did, quoted various figures from 40-60k

So my one option would be is to get the jobs done individually. I may even be adventurous and as advised by this forum, try and get some of the jobs done by advertising on Facebook market place. Such as stripping down the kitchen, which has been quoted at 8k

So as a newbie, I am trying to match the jobs to the correct tradesman. 1) Full rewiring—Electrician

2) New central heating/combi boiler installation/ radiators/pipes – Plumbing? Heating engineer?

3) Take down the kitchen and install new kitchen—>Buy kitchen from a chain like Wren and get a kitchen fitter to install it

4) Rip out the floors, install new floors and carpets—Carpet fitter

5) Repair of sun roof/conservatory—Conservatory builder

6) Removal of al plaster, repair of cracks with EML, loads of smaller jobs, like chimney repair, etc.

-- A General builder

7) Painting- three coats and the archives/skirting—Painter and decorator

8) Installing of skirting boards and architrave and doors-- ??

Also would like to do the jobs in the following chronological order

Electrician in to rewire first and a plumber to do the boiler/central heating.

Next probably plasterer, then kitchen & bathroom, once all the messy stuff is over can do carpets, decorating ?

Many thanks to one and all

Mel

Ps

At the moment, as a newbie, I am still learning the ropes. Hopefully as the project progresses, will start contributing and sharing my experiences.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.