Advise on property: Article 4 of the of the Town 7 Country Planning

2 months ago

My Search has revealed that the property is subject to an order made under Article 4 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990. Article 4 Orders remove some of my permitted development rights; meaning I may need to submit a planning application for work which does not normally need planning permission.

A google search revealed-Whenever Article 4 directions are revealed on the local search we will always advise that, if you are having any works done to the property, it is important you seek authority from the Local Authority to ensure if planning permission is required. If developing the property is an essential part of your decision to purchase the property please let us know so we can make further inquiries. Alternatively, you can always make contact with the council yourself.


Can I refurbish this house, without informing the Council? Does taking down the wall, between the diner and kitchen require planning permission?

The house is built in 1970 and is not a listed house, just in a Calthrope estate and the previous owner bought the lease. I would have a pay a yearly ground rent for the up keep of the road etc.

However I have been informed that I can't make changes to the external facade without permission. I was not intending to do so anyway

Please do advise

Kind Regards



The search has also revealed that the property is within 200 meters of the Midlands Metro line to Quinton

I think this is on the main Hagley road. Does anyone have any idea, how to find out this route. Thanks

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.