chris_duck90

How to remove PVA from plaster

Chris Duck
2 years ago

Hi all!

We have started doing some work in a room and have found that the paint was chipping off. We thought perhaps a mist coat hadnt been applied so we scraped off most of the paint (it came away in chunks quite easily for the most part) and then applied a mist coat. The mist coat rubbed/scraped off with ease later that same day, so we think there may be a layer of PVA on the plaster.

How would we go about removing PVA from walls? Or is there something we can apply on top that would solve the issue of water based paint adhering? Its quite a sizable room and would have been plastered originally 4+ years ago by the old owners. It’s a miracle the paint lasted so long, and we only found the problem when we started trying to decorate.

Thanks!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.