deborah_tillett48

Creative ideas for playing around with living space please!

DJT2021
2 years ago

Hello! We are shortly to complete (all going to plan) on a property. Victorian terraced, 3 bedroom (thanks to a loft extension). A whole bunch of things drew us to it, but I do already know that the ground floor living area is on the small side, with doors in awkward places and the stairs also bang in the middle. But, I'm hopeful of its potential!
Deep down I've a desire for a side return extension to widen the kitchen and perhaps make kitchen/diner. But, short of that, I'd be so grateful for some ideas (please!) for what we could do to 'open up' the living space in reception and dining. It doesn't even need to be structural, although that's an option that I'd happily consider (if the stairs and doorways don't totally rule it out!), but even just trying to think how we can efficiently place/appropriately select furniture.
We've budgeted money aside for this so no need to do on a shoe string (within reason, of course!!).
Thoughts and ideas would be gratefully received.
I have uploaded the floor plan.
Thank you, so much, in advance.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.