webuser_768402840

Renovation of Conservatory/Sun room

HU-768402840
2 years ago

Dear All,

Another day , another section of the house for advise. This time its the conservatory/sun room

The house has been built in 1970 but I believe the sun room is a new extension.

However it has several cracks in the wall, as well as some of the glass Georgian panels have cracked and need replacing. The survey mentioned that the floor finish in the conservatory is an engineered click wood flooring and this is spreading in places. They recommended the floor covering is renewed.

After the kitchen, the quotes for this renovation seem the second highest.

Some queries I have

1) Do I keep the brown sliding doors, between the diner and the sun room

2) Do I keep the floor or replace it, and if yes with what? Same as the diner or something different

3) I prefer replacing the roof. Do I have to replace like for like or can I replace it with something more durable and all weather/ all year round? Do I then have to inform the council or C

althrope estate about these changes?

Please advise me on this. I had a builder come out, who quoted 4.5 k for the roof. While the building survey mentioned other smaller jobs.

I probably end up spending a lot of time in this room or even sleeping over, as I liked the view and prefer the ground floor. Anything I can do to make it more like a room, without losing the conservatory feel?

The builders quote

-------------------------------------------------------

From building survey

Kind Regards

Mel

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.