jaydigs

Help - Sleepers, Patios, Walkways, Turf or all 4

Jason Digs
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Dear Houzz Community,

You have been absolutely awesome with some of the other design questions I have posted in the past. I was wondering if I could now lean on your support to get some guidance around the best layout to go for my rear garden please.

These are two similar but slightly different images taken from my Kitchen window. I was curious as to how do the layout? FYI, the sun usually shines down in the area at the back of the garden (opposite end of where I was standing when taking these photos).

My initial thoughts were something like this but to tell you the truth, I have zero knowledge when it comes to gardening. The following is based on me standing from where the photos were taken:

• Non-slip porcelain tiles at the back of the garden (3M from the back fence) for a patio area
  • Non-slip porcelain tiles at the back of the house (where I am standing) (1M from house wall)
  • Non-slip porcelain tiles to create a left and right walk-way
  • Sleepers going around the gardens left, back and right fence (horse-shoe shape)
  • Astro-turf or turf in the middle

I was thinking of going for a grey/slate coloured tile to match the drive way at the front and the white render of the house. This would give the front-to-back a natural flow? If it helps, I can provide an image of the front drive-way although I have a massive thread on here that has images of it already.

The kitchen door (exit to the garden) is at the right of where I am standing when taking the pictures. Its basically on the right side of the house wall. When you walk out, you are literally stood to the right side of the garden where the neighbours fence is.

The fence to the left was only installed yesterday. It will turn the same colour as the one at the back as the sun tans its.

Honestly speaking, I just want a nice open feel in the garden, not too much going on, no neighbours looking in and just being able to sit, eat and chill with friends and family on a nice summers day. I am completely open to altering my plan so please feel free to express your thoughts.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

Window Shot 1

Window Shot 2

EDIT to original post - adding a picture from rear fence to back of house and 360 degree window. The approximate length of the garden is 11.5meters.

Rear Shot

Video - 360 Degrees

https://streamable.com/fm3g6i

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.