valbain

Tiles or carpet in the sitting room?

valbain
2 years ago

I'm having great difficulty deciding whether to put tiles (continuing those already in the kitchen and hallway) in the living room or carpet. The flooring on the ground floor is all tiles apart from the sitting room. There are mid grey with white areas in the conservatory, patterned black and grey in the toilet (both already there when I bought the house) and very light grey with a sheen in places in the kitchen and hall. I think I made a mistake with the kitchen and hall tiles as they are very light and will likely be a pain to keep clean. I was expecting the grout to be more grey, but that is also very light so I'm worried that will get dirty soon. The tiles are from Porcelanosa and are really lovely, just impractical. If I put them in the lounge I'll go for epoxy grout which I've read is better than the usual stuff for keeping clean. My partner thinks tiles with a rug, but others' opinions say carpet as it's much warmer in winter. I think the tiles would be appropriate for the lounge, but I just can't make a decision. If I go with carpet, I wonder if there would be too many different floorings on the ground floor. The carpet would have to be grey, which I'm not that keen on. Any suggestions to help me out of my turmoil would be appreciated.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.