webuser_768402840

Buy in Lincolnshire and ship to Birmingham?

HU-768402840
2 years ago

Hi Friends,

I have bought a 3 bed house in Birmingham, which is in need of a full refurbishment.

I work as a contractor in the Grantham, Lincolnshire region but am back home on the weekends

Noticed some lovely kitchen, bathrooms, carpets and tile showrooms in this area.

Compared to Birmingham, they seem less noisy, less stressed, with easy parking and very friendly.

Not made any deals so far but had a thought.

Could I purchase a kitchen in Lincolnshire, ship it to Birmingham and get a fitter from B’ham to fit it?

Would it be cheaper? Would the quality be better? Would there be a reduced chances of me being ripped off?

I could also get floorings, carpets, heating and radiators etc

Transport across 100 miles shouldn’e be that prohibitive?

Please do advise

Regards

Mel

Comments (3)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

It could be done. The only thing against it is what happens if there is a faulty/damaged item. Then you’re transporting back and forth for replacements.

Many of us shop online these days so it’s not really any different

HU-768402840 thanked Daisy England
  • Jonathan
    2 years ago

If you have more time during the week to shop in Lincolnshire then that makes sense. Do factor in the cost of delivery which could be expensive with some retailers.

HU-768402840 thanked Jonathan
  • PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    2 years ago

No problems I can see, I have cabinet manufacturers that deliver direct from the factory to the customers address, door manufacturers also deliver direct to the customers house, all included in the quotes. In fact it makes total sense to deliver direct from the manufacturers to the customers house instead of being deliverd to the shop/point of purchase, getting handled/stored then re loaded onto another vehicle and dilivered and handled, the more something is handled and moved the more chance of something getting damaged. The thing you have to consider though is someone/able bodied person going to be at home for the delivery as in all likelihood it would be during the week and its a kerbside/downstairs delivery.

HU-768402840 thanked Lifestyle Kitchens
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.