webuser_208249472

How to get a colour theme downstairs

A Mensah
2 years ago

Hello - I am very new to this site, but love all the advice from strangers on the internet, so here we go...
I'm about to purchase a 4-bed house. It's a little bigger than I am used to, and I am really struggling with decorating concept for downstairs. I love colour and patterns on walls, and would like a green themed downstairs. I wanted to paint the living room Valspar september sea. I was thinking of carrying on the colour to 1 wall in the dinning room (wall with fireplace) with an off-white on the other 3 walls. But I am not sure what to with the kitchen, utility room and conservatory. I would like to knock down the conservatory at some point, and create a bigger kitchen/dinning room but that is a few years off, so for now we'll give that space a lick of paint.
I like this navy floral print wallpaper in the hallways and stairs.
The flooring will be engineering wood in a rustic oak in the living & dinning room, cloakroom and hallway. And eventually to the bigger kitchen dinner and utility room once we decide renovation.
But my question is how do I stop downstairs being too green, but still keep the rooms flowing together? Is the navy floral wallpaper a bad idea?
Thank you, Alice

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.