meh109

Do I need a sink in the laundry room?

Reno 2021

So I'm renovating my forever home and I'm not sure if I need a sink in the laundry room.

In the attached floorplan the laundry room is a dedicated room highlighted in blue. You access it by going under the stairs from the hallway, past the WC.

It measures 2.6 x 1.5m and has one tall cabinet for a water cylinder, then a worktop of 1.9m above a washer and a dryer. I could put in a small sink too but it would cost worktop and storage space.

The WC sink is 2m away from the laundry room, the large kitchen sink is 8m away, and having three sinks on the ground floor seems a bit excessive. I figured I could use the WC sink to fill buckets to mop floors etc.

I'm putting in a new washer and dryer, presumably modern machines mean the old days of soaking stains are less common?

I've spent a few hours looking into this and most people seem to go for a sink but when space is tight I think I could live without one. Having said that I don't have kids now but perhaps my mind would change in the future ... any help gratefully received :)