webuser_812295005

Rain water soakaway

HU-812295005
2 years ago

Hi I'm adding an extension to my property and we are preparing for drainage etc. We have found out that our property has the current roof water going off down a pipe to a soak away at the front of the property near the boundary. Our house waste water etc goes up to our septic tank which can't take rain water as it will increase the flow of water to much and not allow adequate settlement. The back garden also is higher than the house so can't really put up the back garden as the water will head back towards the house. We are doubling the roof size and concerned that the soak away will not take in heavy rain. But looking at the building regulations do not know how we are going to put a 2nd soak away in as it will be too close to the property and to close to the boundary. Only option would be to dig up our drive way but all the water supply comes up from the road right under the drive way through the middle. Basically wondering what others suggest I'm contemplating continuing to use the current soak away and if it overflows in very heavy down pours to set it up to direct it down the drive and out to the road.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.