alias6023

Small office furnishing idea

J K
2 years ago

Hi,

I recently bought an old flat, and I am struggling with decorating the smallest room. Since I don’t have many rooms in the flat, I would like to use the smallest room as a home office/guest room. Therefore, I have a desk, sofa bed, and two bookshelves. I would like to make the room cosy, but currently, it looks very messy:

Here is a sketch of the room. Sorry, the proportions are entirely wrong. How would you arrange the furniture to make the room cosier? Fortunately, the ceiling is very high, so it doesn’t feel very tight.

I might open the sofa bed few times a year, so worst case, I could move the desk then. However, the bookshelves are heavy, and I don’t want to move those.

Here are the dimensions of the furniture.

Desk:

• Width: 130cm
  • Depth: 60cm
  • Hight: 76cm

Sofa bed:

• Width: 222cm
  • Depth: 110/210cm (when open)
  • Height: 80cm

Bookshelves (each):

• Width: 109cm
  • Depth: 50cm
  • Height: 155cm

I would like to keep all the furniture in the room. Therefore, I need your expertise to use the space more efficiently and make the room cosier. I would be very grateful for any input. If you also have any suggestions on making the room cosier, I am all ears. I am thinking of buying a curtain soon, but I haven’t figure out what colour suits best.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.