webuser_539717477

Refreshing old light fixtures. Advice please :)

Anne
2 years ago

Hi there, we've purchased some lovely, but used, metal pendant lights which need a bit of sprucing up as the exterior of the shades

are a bit scratched, and this really shows in direct sunlight. They'll be in a sunny room, so I'm keen to get them looking as best they can before we get them installed. I was thinking to spray paint them black, but not sure if there's a certain type of paint I should use, or technique, or maybe even an entirely other method of sprucing them up?

There is also a metal bowl in the shade's interior to block glare from the light bulb, which has got specs of rust. How best to remove this without damaging the surface? I actually wondered if I could just spray paint that too? Would really appreciate any advice, have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.