Refreshing old light fixtures. Advice please :)

Anne

Hi there, we've purchased some lovely, but used, metal pendant lights which need a bit of sprucing up as the exterior of the shades

are a bit scratched, and this really shows in direct sunlight. They'll be in a sunny room, so I'm keen to get them looking as best they can before we get them installed. I was thinking to spray paint them black, but not sure if there's a certain type of paint I should use, or technique, or maybe even an entirely other method of sprucing them up?

There is also a metal bowl in the shade's interior to block glare from the light bulb, which has got specs of rust. How best to remove this without damaging the surface? I actually wondered if I could just spray paint that too? Would really appreciate any advice, have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks!