victorianrenov227

F&B paint colour for north facing study

Hi all

I am hoping others may have some good insight on this. We have moved into a standard 3 bed victorian terrace, with the master bedroom facing south and the two smaller bedrooms/studies facing north. The sellers had painted all the rooms in F&B - the master bedroom is Blue Gray, and one of the bedrooms (originally a kid's bedroom) is Green Blue. Both look lovely.

The other bedroom (which gets the least light as the window is in a corner and a large wall blocks a lot of the light) is in India Yellow.. and we can't stand it. I suppose it was meant to be a statement colour study but it just feels too dark and moody.

We've been trying to think what to repaint it, and so far have sampled:

- Cromarty - but I think this looks too similar to the Blue Gray, and v grey-tinged in a north-facing room

- Borrowed light / skylight - look nice but I think we want a warmer vibe, and skylight in particular is quite grey

I'm thinking about trying new white or farrow's cream (to give a soft creamy vibe), but would be very interested in any other ideas! Basically want something warm and light that will also flow nicely with the blue gray and green blue.

I know there are other paint brands we could consider, but as the sellers did the whole house in F&B, I'm starting there just to be consistent with the texture etc..

Thanks so much

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.