neha_kumar69

wardrobes - vinyl or veneer wood?

Nekul

Hi

We have had a couple of quotations for wardrobes. We like the flexibility and bespoke nature that this carpenter offers but he only works with Vinyl doors (high quality and I can’t tell the difference from veneer to be honest). Inside is high-quality MDF. Then there’s another high-end wardrobe company that we are considering but it’s 35%-40% more but they use veneer wood on doors. It’s a 5 bedroom home so the cost will be substantial if we went for option 2 but it’s our forever home so I want to make the best decision. The carpenter has years of experience and I love his work but not sure if I am overthinking that vinyl is probably poorer quality. He claims it’s equally durable and it won’t chip or scar.

Can someone who’s looked into both tell me which is more popular, durable? If veneer is worth paying that extra?