help! how can I make a bathroom work with a pattern tile?

Darren Smith
last modified: 2 days ago

Help! we need to completely refresh our 15 year old bathroom, and we really like the look of some casablanca mix tiles. We are not sure how to make it work and look cosy.

our current bathroom is:

• an apartment with no window or natural light
  • has an odd sized built in sink/toilet -(needs to be replaced with a new built in set)
  • got very little storage
  • bath area is the width is that of the bath (1700mm)
  • room is roughly 2mx 2m

heres some pics (excuse the mess and test paint), plus we're getting rid of the tall cuboard and shower screen:

Now, the issue is we really love these casablanca mix tiles, and want to have them as a feature on the wall around the bath. The tiles are random patterns from a pool of 75

examples:

my dilemmas are:

• whats the best way to use the tiles well without overwhelming the room
  • eg do all bath walls or just one?
  • eg bath to ceiling or part way up
  • what colour paint and furniture would work with the colourfulness?

This is a first crude attempt at a mood board.

• paint colour is littlegreen co "first light", a warm white - which we thought could be the rest of non-tiled walls
  • floor is a vinyl click tile light stone
  • furniture is driftwood built in , with cuboards to give much need storage

does this just look a bit, well, "drab" and overpowering?

is drift wood too dark for the room together with the tiles?

any other schemes that might be better?

So many questions, thanks for reading anyone who made it this far! its my first bathroom change so not really sure what I'm doing and welcome any ideas.