webuser_142228200

Roof ideas for small rear extension on semi-detached

Bryony
2 years ago

Would love some roof ideas for a small rear extension we'd like to do. Our original thinking was just a very small extension to bring the back of the original house out in line with the existing 2 storey side extension (red brick corner on the left) - about 1.7m out. However we are struggling with ideas for the roof as unfortunately the roof over the french doors continues along to our neighbours.

Architect has suggested leaving the existing slope and then extending the rest out as flat (only about 0.7m would be flat). He's suggested we should take the extension out further (another 1m+) so that we'd have a bigger flat roof and space for skylight or similar. I'm worried the ceiling might be a bit low if we leave the existing roof as it's only just taller than the french doors.

Apparently the alternative would require cutting the roof between us and neighbours to change our slope which he suggested could get expensive.

Any ideas?

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.