rhian_foley

We're having discussions about

Rhian Foley

We're having discussions about where my Dad can live. I would love to find a way for him to live with me, but to retain some separation for his sake and ours.
Now for the challenge! We live in a very narrow semi (first floor plans below) with approx 80cm side access from front door to boundary and approx 1.5m side return at the rear. Is there anyway to extend and shuffle things round so we can fit a modest bedroom at the very rear of our property. We can't really extend at the back as our garden would become too small. Thinking small shower/toilet room too. Issue is we can't block the whole of the back off for him as we need to access the garden, want to see it and that's where all the be light for the house would come from (South facing garden).
Shall I just give up on the idea now and tell my siblings I can't offer help...or can anyone see an ingenious solution?
(Single storey extension at back is approx 2m wide by 2.7m long in total i.e. utility and shower room added together).