L shaped cupboards issue

Aman Chandhok

Hi, ive got a weird L shape part to my room that weve had cupboards fitted into the guy hasnt finished the install however, he keeps saying he cant do an L shape cupboard install as the cupboard would lose strength

the Long side of the L runs on a plasterboard wall and can only be 450mm deep so he suggested using shelves there and the bottom part of the L would be the deep 600mm cupboards hes then tucked the 600mm cupboard behind the 450mm cupboards and placed the supporting side wall for the cupboard to place the shelves on this makes the space quite restrictive. the gap is 800mm wide hence the weird cupboard design