geddhedd

How to best utilise space in impending loft conversion

geddhedd
2 years ago

Hi there,

We are starting our loft conversion over the next month or so and we have most details nailed down.

But there are 2 things we can't settle on and I am interested to hear some other opinions on this.

1.) Where would you put the main light switch in this scenario?

- Behind the door seems silly on the face of it, but we could be convinced.

- There is currently no room on the right due to where we plan to put the built in storage

- We could move the storage along to give room for the switch potentially? This would obvs limit the amount of built in storage though

- Or have the door open the other way, but that feels a bit strange perhaps?

- Very interested to know what others would do. Doesn't seem an obvious answer

2.) How would you make best use of the space on the right?

It seems too deep to continue the storage over all the way, but open to ideas on ways around this.

Initially we had planned to have a little desk and maybe have a vanity area but I worry about the height and may feel a bit cramped.

I am open on any ideas generally on how to make best use of the space.

For reference I am not an architect (clearly). I am a design engineer having a loft conversion done, with too much time on their hands so I have drawn it up in CAD to help make best use of the space.

Many thanks for taking the time to read and have a look. Genuinely interested to hear what others would do.

Cheers

Ged

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.