Victorian terrace removing wall

Dale Fixter
2 months ago

Hey guys, yesterday we reopened the wall adjoining the living room and dining room, it's the original design, but someone had previously decided to close it up with plasterboard.
The remaining opening is brick, the wall above this in the bedroom is single layer brick.
I am wondering if anyone knows what type of support is above this opening? I am guessing some sort of lintel, but I have no idea.
and if there would be any problem from widening the opening on the left hand side.
I understand that most of the terraced houses follow the same design.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.