antchristie

Ideas wanted for Kitchen/Diner/ Living Layout - which way to go?

antchristie
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello, we're struggling to decide where to place our kitchen in the new extension. Thankfully we're not at all close to starting building work, but a decision will help us to move forward with kitchen planning etc.

Some things that factor into our thinking:

Our new kitchen diner will have a part vaulted ceiling, essentially the extension will be vaulted but the old ceiling will be flat. One of our thoughts is whether the kicthen would be better in the vaulted section or not.

The back of the house where the kitchen is located is south facing.

In the two main options we have, you'll see that when we place the kitchen nearer to the bifold doors, the island will need to accommodate either a sink/hob, likely to be hob.

If we were to place the kitchen further back, the extra space afforded to wall units means we can probably keep the island clear.

We also want a dining table and casual seating are in the room, so location of these is also in play!

I've attached the main floor layout design of the house and some of our working ideas for kitchen layout.

Would love to hear your thoughts/challenges on this.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.